One of the most traditional cakes in Brazil is the carrot cake. For breakfast or afternoon tea, it goes well with coffee with milk and is successful in its simplicity. With common ingredients such as wheat flour, sugar, butter, yeast, carrots, and eggs, the recipes take about an hour to cook, including time in the oven.
READ ALSO: How to make pasok cake
3 medium carrots
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 cups wheat flour
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon chemical yeast
1. Place 3 medium carrots, 3 eggs, 1 cup canola oil and 2 cups sugar into a blender. Whisk until smooth.
2. In a bowl, add 2 cups of wheat flour, 1 pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of chemical yeast. Mixing.
3. Then add the blender mixture to the bowl.
4. Fuet mix until smooth.
5. Transfer the dough to a greased and floured form.
6. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Chocolate icing: ingredients
5 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons powdered chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons of milk
1. Place 5 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of chocolate powder, 2 tablespoons of milk and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saucepan.
2. Stir and let cook until boiling.
3. As soon as the mixture comes off the bottom, the topping is ready.
4. Wait for the cake to cool and pour over the still hot syrup.
5. Apply frosting and let cool before serving.
Want to access Globo Rural exclusive content Just click and subscribe!